Free School Meals
The Local Authority would like to draw your attention to the following information due to the change in how all schools are funded. Parents and carers are encouraged to register their eligibility to free school meals for their children even if they do not wish to take up their entitlement.
The Eligibility Criteria is:
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
• An income-related employment and support allowance
• Supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Child Tax Credit with an income of £16,190 but NOT entitled to Working Tax Credit
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
Parents/carers can now apply over the telephone and their eligibility will be checked immediately using a central Government database (subject to the parents/carers giving their permission).
For parents/carers the person to contact is: Sally Delaney: 01708 433929
If you wish to contact the Local Authority this may be done at any time for help or support.
Please note all infant children will receive a free school lunch